Guest Post Guidelines
What type of articles do we accept?
- News stories in a journalistic style
- Investigative pieces
- Note: we only accept original articles and do not cross-post content. Movies Jackets does not publish articles intended for blogs or written in blog style.
To submit a pitch please include:
- Hook of the article – what is the main point?
- Include five bullet points on why this topic is important: why this topic is interesting to our readers.
- Please make sure this topic is related to fashion/style, and that we haven’t covered it before.
- How is this relevant and timely? Ex: A couple lines including a link to a study, reliable source news article, etc.
- Include potential sources: relevant reports, links, articles that you’ll use as sources for the article
- Title: Provide three catchy title options
- Article length: 800 words maximum. Articles above 800 words will not be considered.
- Include hyperlinks (do not use footnotes) when referring to other sources.
- Required Photo: Include a landscape photo for the article (1500 x 900 px under 800 kb) with citation and caption or suggest a photo from istockphoto.com
- Two Teasers: Long (under 20 words) teaser and short (under 160 characters) teaser that describe the content of the article